Stag Saucepan - 18CM
- Ideal for cooking grains, soups, and simmering and serving sauces
- Crafted in solid copper for superior heat conductivity
- Hammered for increased strenght and lasting beauty
- Crowned with bronze finial in the shape of a magnificent stag
- Tin-lined by hand over fire
- Made in Italy
Becoming familiar with your new ruffoni
Heat up soups, stocks or leftovers, cook grains and small vegetables, or simmer sauces and serve directly at the table in this elegant saucepan.
Crafted in solid copper for superior heat conductivity, hammered for increased strenght and lasting beauty and tin-lined by hand over fire - so naturally low-stick. The riveted handles are cast in solid bronze, and the lid is crowned by Ruffoni's special knob with a stag.
Made in Italy.
Diameter: 18 cm Height: 12 cm Capacity: 3,2 lt Material: solid, hammered copper Lining: high purity tin, applied by hand over fire Handles material: solid bronze
Lid: included Oven-safe: yes, up to 220° C Stovetop: gas recommended - no inductionSKU: 3104S-18 Handwashing recommended
Made in Italy
Ideas for Use
Getting the most out of your Ruffoni Saucepan
A kitchen essential true to its name, the saucepan is great for all manners of sauces and gravies...but it also does a lot more. Start the day heating the milk for the children's breakfast, or preparing a nourishing and creamy oatmeal; at lunch, quickly prepare a tasty sauce for pasta, or reheat last night's leftovers; in the evening, boil fresh green peas as a side, cook rice to a perfect fluffy consistency, keep your homemade stock bubbling as you add it into a creamy risotto, or reduce the roast juices into an irresistible gravy. Finish off the day with a velvety vanilla custard.
Choose the saucepan with a comfortable stick handle for easy pouring, or opt for the saucepot with two side handles to fit neatly on the stove and table. Either way, this small but practical shape is a versatile kitchen ally you will find yourself coming back to again and again.
Bring directly to the table to dress the plate with a delicious steaming hot sauce or to make "scarpetta" by mopping up all the sauce with bread when no one's watching.
Use and Care For The Historia Collection
Taking care of your Ruffoni the right way
Recommended for use on gas stovetops, open flames (wood, charcoal, barbecue) and in the oven - electric cooktops also possible.
Never heat the pot empty and do not exceed 220 C (430 F). Bronze handles will get hot: always use pot holders while cooking.
Use wood or plastic tools to avoid scratching the tin lining.
Washing & Polishing
Hand-wash with a soft sponge and mild detergent, and dry immediately with a soft cloth.
With use, copper develops a rich patina over time that many love and cherish. To restore a polished shine, use a good copper polish (like Ruffoni Cleaner) or salt with lemon juice/vinegar.
Tin will naturally discolor over time, but remain equally effective. Depending on use, the tin lining may eventually wear off and require retinning. Prolong the tin lining's life by not scratching it with metal tools, never overheating the cookware, and limiting the use of acidic ingredients.
A Timeless Classic
The Historia Collection
Historia, meaning 'history' in Latin, is perhaps Ruffoni's most iconic collection. Each shape has been created by our master coppersmiths in the same way as cooking vessels were manufactured in royal castles and palaces upon the request of court cooks. Truly a celebration of our shared culinary history, with this collection we relive centuries of tradition and honor exquisite craftmanship:
- Each item is skillfully crafted from a single sheet of copper for maximum heat conductivity and superior temperature control
- Hammered by our master coppersmiths to ensure increased stregth and lasting beauty
- Internally lined by hand over fire with the purest, durable nonreactive tin so naturally low-stick
- Bronze handles are individually cast and attached with durable stainless steel rivets
- Handles and lids are enriched with finials in exquisite shapes such as acorns, artichokes, vegetables and animals to bring warmth and elegance to any table
- Heirloom quality items, worthy of being handed down through generations
- Lifetime Warranty
- Made in Italy